Wednesday 5 December 2012

Nice to tweet you! Info about a new tweet chat...do join


I wanted to share with you something really special that is happening tomorrow evening. We have learned from our friends in the US the benefit of tweet chats to disseminate information and build community in the way that only social media can. The immediacy  and connection so powerful. And I have often read the conversations after the event but never had the stamina to join it ( it would be 2 am in the UK and Ireland). Consequently we are keen to try to connect across Europe and create the space and opportunity to explore the important issues you share with us.
As my blog and others have highlighted many times breast cancer has an impact on so many aspects of life. But perhaps parenting and parenthood can be one of the most emotive impacts. Consequently this is the subject of the first BCCEU. Here is more about the context.http://breastcancerchateu.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/parenting-with-breast-cancer

So please join us for this on line experiment and also let us know what you would want to discuss. I do realise parenting wont be the top of everyone's list but do let us know what is. I do know that for some women, breast cancer has robbed them of the opportunity to be a parent, a particularly cruel impact for too many. This kind of discussion helps to bring some of the hidden impacts into the open. That must help.
So looking forward to meeting and tweeting you on line tomorrow evening. And you don't even have to go out in the cold ( thank goodness) The hash tag is #bcceu and the start time is 8.30 UK time. Tell your friends!

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to cohosting our inagural #BCCEU Twitter chat with you Audrey :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an honour to work it you on this. Lets hope for a great chat. Till then :-) x

      Delete
  2. I am SO happy to hear of this - I think it will really enrich and widen discussion and support. Ironically though, it will be around 2 am in my time zone so it is highly unlikely that I will be able to join unless I am travelling somewhere a bit closer to (or further from!) Europe. I do hope we can somehow connect however. I would love to see an Aus/Asia conversation too......
    Philippa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great start tonight! Hope you can join maybe when you are home ? Thanks for your support and encouragement.

      Delete

Scanxiety?

  It’s not peculiar to cancer but waiting for results can be the worst time of all. Last week I had really quite bad scanxiety. Yes it’s so ...