Friday 26 May 2023

Who’s boss….not me!




I told myself off today for wearing black so I put on a white T-shirt instead. A mistake! I’ve a head cold and I’m a wee bit wabbit as my grandson would say. 

I looked in the mirror, ‘Oh my god I’m an old woman’. Yes this year has taken its toll but the recent virus has not helped me have a healthy glow. So I’ve popped on some makeup including blusher and lipstick. I’ve no visitors today but I wanted to banish that old lady in the mirror. I daren’t look.

In truth I’m off the oral chemo just now as it’s been good at reducing the tumour ( 😊) but also good at suppressing my bone marrow and making me really anaemic (😟). And I’m due a scan in a few weeks to see how things are. Meantime I’ve been making the most of having more energy. I’ve even managed some out out for dinner and to see Six the musical 🎶,it’s fantastic, do see it if you can. 

https://youtu.be/iJW71rMVQyE

The dog/cat bed remained in pole position until this week. Although Koshka used it the first week or so after our lovely girl died he shunned it. Prior to her death he was in it every day at some point. He is an enigma as many cats are. But there is no doubt who’s boss…..it’s definitely not me. 

Small things can become big things in my situation I find and my latest trauma I’m embarrassed to admit about. My favourite chair ( it’s a rocking chair that you can make into a lie back as far as is comfortable) was away being reupholstered. I opted to have it fabric rather than leather. In the meantime I have been Goldilocks trying every chair and finding it lacking. The sofa also has recliners so I thought I would be fine but the truth is it eats me. As I lie back it fights back and holds me trapped in pain. And then I’m stuck and need help to get up. It’s not elegant and that old woman threatens to take my confidence. I finally emailed the reupholsterer and described my plight. So THE chair has returned in a resplendent Heather colour, I may never get out of it! However Koshka loves a warm chair and shuns the leather one. I fear I may find myself in an ongoing ownership battle. I know, I know I’m bigger than him but he does a very very good psychological campaign as well AND he is being rather spoiled since Cara died. 

Here’s hoping he feels some sympathy for me and at least is willing to share? 

Wish me luck 😉.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the terminus?

In the recent  interview with the BBC they referred to me as terminal. That word triggered lots of people I know to be in contact me. It’s n...