Tuesday 30 December 2014

Celebrating love..equally



For Susan and Gerry

Love Story

In hanky drenched cinemas
I watched this film
The teenage me
Enthralled by love

Boy meets girl
The norm for love
Nothing else could
be love after all?

How wrong we were
How wonderful that
All love can now be
Celebrated with openness

May your wedding
Bring joy and celebration
Love is always precious
Keep it warm forever

With all my good wishes not only to Susan and Gerry one of the first same sex couples to be married from tomorrow but to all of you who have longed for this day. Well done to our parliament who made this possible. I'm proud to be part of a nation that has embraced equality in this way and I'm delighted to be celebrating with Susan and Gerry this evening.
Audrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scanxiety?

  It’s not peculiar to cancer but waiting for results can be the worst time of all. Last week I had really quite bad scanxiety. Yes it’s so ...