Sunday 11 March 2018

My Mum







My Mum

My Mum could knit
she could knit with
my budgie on the needles

My Mum made soup
that was always delicious
she needed no recipes 

My Mum thought she didn’t 
have much courage
she didn’t see what we did

My Mum taught me books
are treasures in life
we found in libraries 

My Mum showed me
families matter
maybe the only thing that does

My Mum died a year ago
and it’s Mother’s Day 
but I dont need that to remind me of 

My Mum and all she was 
in all the different shades

and that I miss her

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Scanxiety?

  It’s not peculiar to cancer but waiting for results can be the worst time of all. Last week I had really quite bad scanxiety. Yes it’s so ...